The after picture. Night time shots are not my best J
Previously I only had a wreath and those garlands down the sides of the door.
First I ran around and found supplies. Hancock fabrics had a remnant area.
|I bought the black and white fabric for $3 a yard. It’s decorator fabric and quite sturdy.|
The finished pillows! I cut 2 squares per pillow measuring 18 ½ inches square. So a total of 4 squares at 18 ½ inches each. I made a ¾ “ seam all around with a space for inserting the pillow. I would usually sew that up by hand nice and neat, but they are for the front porch and no one will be handling them much, so I sewed the unfinished edge on the machine for this project. It looks great. If you have questions and need detailed info on the pillows please inbox me.
Next I set to work making a garland to hang from the porch roof. I wanted lights in it so I don’t always have to have the porch light on. I knew regular lights would get hot and went for the more pricey LED lights. I purchased them at Wal-Mart for around $7. This was the most expensive part of the project.
|They are nice and big!|
|Take each section. Open and then fold in half and cut. My goodness my hand looks broken.|
Okay now that you have the sections cut, into basically a rectangle, you will tie them onto the cord of lights. You can space these how you want. I did find a stash of 1 yard of netting and tied one here and there. Mine is almost totally plastic tablecloths! I did 2-3 black and one orange. (I could only find one orange at my Wal-Mart). Here’s me tying them on:
|It is super windy tonight. I could not get a still shot to save my life! You can kind of see the colors and ribbon and will have to see the distance shot of this to see the effect!|