Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Newest Design



So I'm back... yes I know I was able to stay away for just one day... what can I say?

At the prompting of some friends and family, I am taking a plunge and designing my own Scherenschnitte designs. I have ideas pop into my head constantly for new ways to layer and cut paper and finally after years of thinking about it, I am going to give it a whirl. So here are some shots of my first design. This is a mosaic layered in 4 layers and then mounted on a back paper. I haven't decided on a backer yet and maybe your input will help me decide? I drew out the design and then cut it from standard white stock, then continued to mount on a new layer, re-cut, layer, re-cut...you get the idea. I am thrilled with the results and  am putting together some items for an Etsy shop now.  Hope you enjoy the photos, and please if anyone is still visiting this blog... give me your opinions!























Until next time Dear Reader,
Chatty Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment