Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Off the Grid!

Well, not really off the grid. I've been travelling by RV through Va, Pa and NY for the last 2 1/2 weeks and still have almost 2 more to go. 30' and inside that 30' RV contains: 1 patient Fiance from heaven, 3 teens that can't agree on much, a cat that pukes often and is only tolerating us because we feed him, a chihuahua that is content constantly ( mostly because he sleeps in the sun and occasionally gets a drink or pees on trees-his favorite past times) and then little ole me-Mom, maker of rules and keeper of peace! I have to say given the small space, mini kitchen and bath and a general lack of excitement...they have done exceedingly well! We did have a lovely day yesterday. It was about 93 and we went to the lake to swim (avoiding the horseflies fairly successively) and then headed back for a hot shower at the camp shower. My first shower in 2 weeks with any type of normal water pressure...it was heavenly! I've showered daily, but the RV shower just doesn't have much pressure, so it leaves you feeling as though there is soap in your hair sometimes. Then we had a great dinner-if I do say so myself! I've mastered cooking for a family of 5 on a RV stove top! Not so bad if you can adapt, which I seem quite able to do! Then we cleaned up and all went back to the lakefront to lay on a blanket watching the stars and looking for meteors and satellites. It was so pretty out! Then we headed back and were thrilled to see the black bears in the dumpsters. This time it was the mid sized bear and the big one. The big one is estimated to be about 160 lbs. We sat with our astronomy binoculars and watched them eat and climb in and out of the dumpsters- big fun for campground! We were able to be about 20 foot away in the jeep with parking lights and they never moved. Kids don't get to see that in SC, so they were thrilled. I keep reminding myself that even though they might fight and complain they are bored sometimes, these girls will remember this month long trip for the rest of their lives. The little things like dodging the horseflies in the lake, seeing bears up close and sitting and roasting marshmallows at night will be things they talk about to their kids and I am the lucky one who has a chance to share the memory with them! I think often lately how very lucky I am. To have family that I love and loves me, to have beautiful, loving daughters and to have found a man that loves me for who I am right where I am and my daughters as his own! We all get on each other's nerves from time to time, but there is a greater thread holding us together. We love  one another when all is said and done. I'm so excited to get to the house in Summerville and start our new life as a married couple and family, but I am cherishing these moments as a lasting memory I'll call upon when my kids have grown and gone. I'd love to have you share some of your favorite family memories!

Until next time Dear Reader,
I bid you happy memories and much love in your life!

Chatty Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment