Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Scherenschnitte freehand...


I decided I'd give myself a little "creative" time today and here's what I designed. I have always thought Dahlias were quite pretty and decided to try my hand at cutting one out of paper. I think it turned out nice...I'm thinking it could actually pass for a peony though?????

Here's some close ups of the project:




Another quick project I took on today was cutting a saying from the Hunger Games for my daughter who just graduated H.S. She loved the books and the movie. Here's that little piece:


I've been cutting paper since I was 10 and have always enjoyed it and found it relaxing. Hope you enjoy the images and I encourage you to try your hand at it! There are many resources online for paper cutting or Scherenschnitte (the German term for it).

Feel free to use mine from this page as well!

Until Next Time Dear Reader,

Chatty Cathy




1 comment: